The situation in Paris is the same as that in all parts of France, and gratifying changes have taken place.

The resistance organizations in Paris and its suburbs, under the unified command of Colonel Rolle tangui, commander of the French mainland army and Communist Party member in Paris, actively carried out armed struggle, constantly attacked the transport vehicles and warehouses of the German occupying forces, and damaged the power supply network and telephone lines.

From June 8 to 25 alone, they conducted 93 operations.

Especially on July 14, an important anniversary of the capture of the Bastille prison in history, the Paris Liberation Committee called on all Parisians to participate in large-scale anti German Fascist demonstrations.

On this day, although the Vichy government and the German occupation authorities banned strikes and gatherings, 100000 people still marched on the streets.

The March dealt a heavy blow to the occupation authorities.

On August 10, Paris railway workers began to strike.

Subsequently, railway workers in other parts of France also followed the strike, and post and telecommunications workers, gas workers, electrical workers and public utility workers also launched strikes one after another.

On August 15, 15000 policemen stationed in Paris also joined the strike.

The workers disrupted railway transportation, making it impossible for the German army to mobilize troops and transport weapons and equipment, and to transport Quartermaster goods from Paris.

On the same day, Le Homme, the organ newspaper of the French Communist Party, published an article by Duclos, Secretary of the Central Committee of the French Communist Party, entitled “the war to seize Paris”.

“The time has come to seize the French capital,” he stressed According to the instructions of the Central Committee of the French Communist Party, on August 18, the French general labor union called on the citizens of Paris to hold a general strike.

That night, posters were pasted in the urban and suburban areas of Paris, which read the call of Communist Party members to the people: we call on the people of Paris and the suburbs to launch an uprising for liberation.

It is the responsibility of all residents of Paris to participate in the struggle.

On August 19, the Paris liberation Council issued a call for an uprising, and Colonel Rolle tangui, the commander-in-chief of the inland army in Paris, ordered the armed uprising to begin.

At 0800 hours, 2000 policemen first occupied the police station and arrested the director.

The insurgents then occupied the city hall, public buildings and printing plants.

Soon, the temporary representative of the French Resistance Movement in Paris, palodi, took over the powers of the Ministry of public works, the Ministry of colonization, the Ministry of supply, the Ministry of justice and intelligence and other departments.

In the afternoon, individual leaders of the French resistance movement held armistice negotiations and reached a temporary agreement with the German urban defense commander schoertiz in Paris without the prior consent of the Paris Liberation Committee and the mainland army headquarters.

On August 20, the French Communist Party, the Paris regional Federation of trade unions, the national front and the mainland army expressed their opposition to the conclusion of the armistice agreement.

As a result of the joint action of the Paris patriotic forces, they continued to occupy railway stations, radio stations and newspapers, and occupied the buildings of government ministries and banks.

On that day, Tang Guyi sent representatives to the US military station to meet with the general, briefed him on the situation in Paris and asked for immediate military support.

On August 21, the Paris Liberation Committee called on citizens to carry out a wider armed uprising and put forward: “cut down trees, dig tank trenches, build barricades, and let the victorious people meet the allies!” Tangui ordered a ruthless attack on the enemy.

Accordingly, the scale of patriotic uprisings and roadblocks leading to the urban area have been expanded day by day.

That night, 34 districts in the urban and suburban areas of Paris were liberated.

On the same day, the vanguard of the third group army under the command of General Patton occupied 30 kilometers south of Paris.

The U.S. military once envisaged a pincer siege of Paris, allowing the Patton group army on the right side to detour around Paris from east to west, the left side crossed the Seine River to mount, and the two wing forces met north of Paris.

At this time, de Gaulle, who had arrived in Cherbourg, France, from Algiers, wrote to the general that he was very worried about the withdrawal of the police and German forces in Paris and the crisis of food supply in the city, which would lead to riots in Paris.

He said: “it is really necessary for the French and allied forces to occupy Paris as soon as possible, even if the fighting in the urban area will cause some damage.

” He warned that if there were riots, it would be difficult to deal with things in the future without serious events that might eventually hinder military operations.

He nominated general Konig as governor of the military control government in Paris to discuss the occupation with General Eisenhower when he decided to move forward immediately.

General Eisenhower said after talking to general Konig, “it now seems as if we will have to enter Paris.

Bradley and his chief of intelligence think we can and must drive into town.

” General Eisenhower decided to send troops directly into Paris, but which army to send into the city first was a thorny problem.

Because many troops have made requests and regarded it as an honor to enter Paris first, among which the most popular is the second armored division of the French army commanded by Le Claire.

After landing with the Allied forces in northwest France on August 1, the division was incorporated into the 15th army of the third group army of Patton, participated in the siege of fales, and joined the Polish army in chambwa.

At this time, two divisions of the 15th army were ordered to advance towards Deler.

De Gaulle ordered Le Claire’s second armored division to quickly approach Paris, so the latter made a request to Patton, which was not approved.

In this way, Le Claire led his troops to leave the third group army of the United States on August 16, joined the first group army of the United States, and was incorporated into the Fifth Army.

Then de Gaulle instructed the French army to advance to Paris immediately, whether the Americans agreed or not.

On August 21, the second armored division of the French army was still located in the ajantan area, about 100 kilometers away from the US vanguard.

Leclerre ordered the troops to move forward at full speed.

If Eisenhower did not agree to enter Paris directly, he would also leave the troops closest to Paris there.

In view of this situation, especially in order to take care of the feelings of the French, General Eisenhower finally approved the entry into Paris first by the second armored division of the French army.

The order was conveyed by Bradley on August 22.

Soon, the fourth division of the US military also received orders to advance along the south of the French capital to seize the ferries of the Seine River south of Paris and occupy positions in the South and Southeast.

At 6:30 on August 23, Le Clair’s troops on the North Road began to march towards Paris as the main force, and strengthened the artillery of a British team, an American cavalry reconnaissance team, an American engineering team and the Fifth Army.