In the early morning of May 10, 1940, while attacking the Netherlands, Belgium and Rwanda, the German army also launched an attack on France.

German planes attacked the Aden mountains of Calais, Dunkirk, Belk, alpeher, mace and busenburg in France and launched an attack on the northeast of France.

In order to maximize the suddenness of the attack, the German army assembled three armored forces and a motorcycle army in the Arden mountains at the junction of Rwanda, France and Belgium.

The avant-garde is the 19th armored army led by goodrian.

Its task is to cross Luxembourg to the Belgian border at noon on the day of the attack and attack Sadang, France.

To the north of the 19th Panzer Army is the 41st Panzer Army led by Reinhart.

Since goodrian’s Panzer Army occupied several main passages in the Arden mountains, the army set out later, but it also passed through this area quickly and went straight to the mezier area west of Sadang.

To the north of the 41st armored army is the 39th armored army led by Schmidt.

The army is led by the 7th armored division of Rommel and behind the hall of the 5th armored division.

After breaking through the Belgian border line, it advances to Dinan area.

Three motorized divisions followed the three armored armies.

The German army attacked day and night, trying to win by surprise.

The sudden appearance of German armored forces made the French army face a serious threat in the Maas River defense line between shadang and Namur, especially in the shadang area defended by the French second group army.

On the afternoon of May 12, the German army took the city lightly and assembled on the North Bank of the Maas River, 24 kilometers northwest of the city.

Kleister advocated the forced crossing of the MAS river at 16 p.m. on May 13.

His order to goodrian said: the decisive attack of the western line battle will be carried out by general kleister’s armor cluster.

Its mission is to forcibly cross the MAS River between monteme and satang, and most of the German air force will carry out 8-hour uninterrupted air strikes, To destroy the French defense facilities on the MAS river.

Then, at 16 p.m., the kleister armor cluster will cross the MAS River and establish a bridgehead position.

The German armored forces have posed a major threat to France through the Arden mountains, and the “satang breakthrough” has put the French army in a dangerous situation.

Paris may fall at any time, and the British French coalition forces fighting in Belgium will face the serious threat of being surrounded at any time.

To this end, the British and French coalition forces are determined to counter attack the German army and close the gap in the defense line of the MAS river.

On May 14, the coalition sent out nearly 200 aircraft in an attempt to blow up the pontoon bridge laid by the German army on the MAS River, but with little effect.

One bombing operation after another was repulsed by the intensive anti-aircraft fire of the German army, and 85 coalition aircraft were shot down.

On May 15, after the German armored forces broke through sedang and forcibly crossed the MAS River, goodrian led his army westward.

At 20:00 that night, it advanced to monkolne, about 70 kilometers west of sedang, and tore a 70 kilometer wide breakthrough at the junction of the second group army and the ninth group army of the French army, that is, from moberge to Fort portien.

On the evening of the 16th, goodrian commanded three armored divisions to advance more than 80 kilometers towards the English Channel and reach the vicinity of Marle, of which the first Armored Division has advanced to libmon along the waz river.

Goodrian’s advance was not plain sailing.

In addition to the anti assault of the French army a few days ago, he was blocked by the fourth armored division commanded by the Colonel on May 17.

De Gaulle’s combat mission on the 15th was to fight alone in the raen area and strive for time for the supreme command to build a defense line between the enna River and the brunet River to block the German road to Paris.

On May 16, de Gaulle went to the front line to spy on the enemy situation and found that “a large number of German troops poured out of Arden area and entered the West instead of south through rocoroa and mezier to capture St.


On May 17, de Gaulle commanded his troops to advance northward to monkorne along the Searle River, where they fought tenaciously against the German army, forcing the German armored forces to slow down.

At dusk, when it was found that both the left and right sides were threatened, the fourth Armored Division was forced to withdraw to the assembly area north of Laen.

On the 19th, de Gaulle continued to move to the northwest and attacked kresi on the Searle River in order to cut off the way for the German army to invade Rafer.

There, the division fought fiercely with the German army and destroyed many German tanks.

That afternoon, General George ordered the division to withdraw to the area south of the ENA River to prevent the German army from invading lance southward.

On May 18, two armored armies of goodrian and Reinhart crossed the waz River, occupied St.

cantan and Le Cato respectively, and then divided into two routes, one to the West and the other to the north through Cambre and Arras.

On the 19th, the Guderian armored army advancing westward arrived in perone.

The next day, surround Amiens and go out to abuville.

On the 21st, goodrian sent north to capture Montreux.

In the northwest of abuville, a battalion of the German second armored division first advanced to the coast of the Strait, completely cutting off the connection between the British, French and Belgian forces in the north and the French forces in the south.

Since then, the German armored forces continued to advance northward, and successively captured the important coastal towns of blogne and Calais on the 23rd.

On the 24th, the armored divisions of goodrian and Reinhart arrived at the a river line between gravaline and St.

Omer, and surrounded the coalition forces in Dunkirk together with other friendly neighboring forces.

The German armored forces advanced at a high speed and interspersed in depth, making the French supreme command impossible to defend.

When making judgments and formulating operational plans, the French supreme command often can not keep up with the development and changes of the war situation.

In addition, defeatism was widespread in the troops.

Subordinates deceived superiors, and military commanders concealed from government officials and even the prime minister, resulting in passive beatings.

In order to change this chaotic situation, Prime Minister Renault decided to reorganize the cabinet and replace general gammerlin, the commander-in-chief of the French army.

On May 19, general Wei Gang, who had just been recalled from Syria, took over as the chief of general staff of the French army and the commander in chief of the army, navy and air force.

He did not understand the domestic war situation and needed to re understand the situation and make a judgment before he could make up his mind.

Therefore, he cancelled the last order initialed by general kammerlin on the morning of May 19, that is, secret warrant No. 12. The purpose of the order is to make the British and French coalition forces in Belgium attack southward, pass through the weak German armored forces and meet the French forces in the south.

At the same time, the newly-built troops in Somme pushed northward to assist the coalition forces on the northern line to break through southward.

If possible, they would cut off the German army from galloping towards the English ChannelArmored column.

At noon on May 20, the first German armored division occupied Amiens in the lower reaches of the Somme river.

In the evening, the second armored division went out to abville at the mouth of SOM river.

Goodry installed the vanguard of armour army and Reinhart armored army.

It pushed forward very fast, almost 160 kilometers away from the rear armored army.

Moreover, the German infantry did not catch up in time, and the side and rear of the German armored forces were completely exposed.

The situation was very conducive to the North-South attack by the British and French coalition forces.

The timing is in a day, or even a few hours.

However, Wei Gang is not in his command post at the moment.

That night, he first saw the French army chief of staff, general Dumont, and the army commander of the Northeast front, General George.

They discussed together the measures to save the coalition forces on the Northern Line and the subsequent battle plan, and formulated a “Weigang plan” with the same content as the “secret warrant No.

12″ of kammerlin.

However, Wei Gang still has some confidence in this plan and has no firm confidence in winning.

He is quite powerless to reverse the war situation.

On the morning of May 21, Wei Gang flew to Belgium.

Due to stopover and safety considerations, he didn’t arrive in ypur until 15 p.m. In view of the strength of the British and French coalition forces in the belon abuville Cambre triangle is still dominant, Wei Gang decided to take the opportunity of the exposed wing of the German armored column marching westward, use his own strengths and attack the enemy’s weaknesses, and the northern coalition forces broke through to the south in order to join the French forces along the Somme river.

On May 22, the heads of British and French allies held the supreme military conference of the allies in Wansen and approved the “Wei Gang plan”, but it was too late.

From May 19 to 21, Wei Gang learned about the situation, made up his mind and organized a counterattack.

There has been a delay of three days.

The whole situation is very unfavorable to the coalition forces.

More seriously, the Belgian army was unwilling to withdraw from Escott to the issay River as required by the “Weigang plan” in order to protect the coalition army from counterattack to the south.

King Leopold was worried that the British army would leave the Bijun after counterattack to the south, so he only prepared to withdraw the Bijun to the tributary of the Lisi canal rather than to the ISSE river.

In this way, a space was set aside at the junction of the British and French forces, which was not fortified, and the German army just rushed here, and the situation of the British and French coalition forces on the northern line was in jeopardy.

Nevertheless, on May 21, coalition forces organized a counterattack near Arras.

Two British divisions and an armored brigade forced the German army to shrink several thousand meters south.

When two French divisions fought back later, the British troops stopped fighting back.

“Now that his right wing is surrounded by the enemy and his left is threatened, the only reasonable decision should be to retreat to the coast,” general Goth said All the 2000 tons of ammunition and supplies needed by the British Army every day have to be transported through ports such as Calais and Dunkirk, but these ports are seriously subjected to German air strikes and are in danger of being completely surrounded.

In this situation, general Goth decided to withdraw the British Expeditionary Force from the ARAS region on the evening of the 22nd, due to the consideration of time and supply, regardless of the “Weigang plan” finally adopted by the supreme military conference of the league.

The French army did not have enough strength to launch a counterattack alone.

Due to the lack of cooperation between the two armies, the lack of confidence of the British army and the slow action of the French army, the “Wei Gang plan” finally went bankrupt fruitlessly.