On December 8, 1941, the day after the Japanese attacked the Pearl Harbor of the United States, they launched an attack on Southeast Asia.

The Japanese army’s attack on Southeast Asia was divided into three stages: the first stage was to capture Malaysia and the Philippines and capture Borneo and Sulawesi.

In the second stage of operation, capture Java and Sumatra.

In the third stage of operation, consolidate the occupied area and seize Myanmar and Andaman Islands.

After seizing these areas, a line of defense will be established from the Kuril Islands in the north to Myanmar through wilcrete, Marshall Islands, Gilbert Islands, islands, New Guinea, Timor, Java, Sumatra and Andaman Islands.

The first and second phases of operations should be completed within three months.

The Japanese base camp formed the southern army, which was fully launched in late November.

On December 2, the Japanese base camp issued the “Eagle” order to the southern army.

At 16 p.m. that day, the general command of the Southern Army issued an order requiring its group armies to be ready to launch an attack at any time.

The direction of Malaysia is the focus of the Japanese attack on Southeast Asia.

The purpose of the Japanese war against Malaysia is to defeat the British army in this direction and occupy its important places, especially to seize Singapore, the strategic center of the Nanyang islands, and destroy the British base in East Asia.

The Japanese base camp and the southern army made careful planning before the war in an attempt to send the main force of the landing force to land directly by means of surprise landing and land breakthrough in coordination with the army and navy.

At the same time or a little before landing, the aviation troops attack, seize air control, cover the landing forces to land, seize important military bases and airports, and follow up the landing forces.

The Japanese army in charge of operations in Malaysia is the 25th group army under the command of Fengwen Yamashita, and the navy is Ozawa’s southern fleet and the 22nd aviation team.

The specific operational plan is that the Fifth Division, the main force of the landing force, will land south of the neck of the Malaysian peninsula.

The 56th division followed up and landed in the area from guantan to fengshenggang, advancing in the direction of Xinshan and assisting the main battle.

At the same time, the detachment of the 18th division landed in Kota Baru.

The guard division attacked Thailand and attacked Malaysia from the north one by one along the land and sea routes.

On the eighth day of the campaign, the second batch of landing troops set out from Jinlan Bay and continued to land in songka, beidanian and Kota Balu to reinforce the first batch of landing troops.

After entering the line of Xinshan waterway, assemble all landing forces to capture Singapore.

On December 4, the first batch of Japanese landing troops set sail from Sanya port, Hainan Island, China under the escort of the Navy.

The landing transport team sailed southward along the east coast of Indochina Peninsula as scheduled.

On the morning of June 6, it turned northwest from Hainan, Vietnam and sailed from Siam bay to Bangkok in disguise.

At noon on the 7th, the flight suddenly changed its course to the southwest sea area of Fuguo Island, and drove directly to the predetermined targets of songka, beidanian and Kota Baru in the southwest.

At 15:00 on the 6th, the British air force on duty aircraft found the Japanese landing transport team in the South Sea of the Cape of jin’ou on the Indochina Peninsula.

After receiving the report, the British garrison in Singapore immediately held an emergency meeting.

The meeting decided that all actions were awaiting instructions from London.

As a result, the garrison sat idly by and delayed the fighters.

According to the scheduled plan, the Japanese army first occupied Thailand and then attacked Malaysia from Thailand.

At 0:00 on December 8, 1941, the main force of the fifth division of the Japanese army arrived in southern Thailand.

Before occupying Thailand, the Japanese Army wanted to achieve the goal of bloodless occupation through negotiations with the Thai authorities.

As a result, due to the absence of Thai Prime Minister Luan Piven somkan and the Minister of the navy in the capital, the Japanese Ambassador handed over the ultimatum of the Japanese army to occupy Thailand to the Thai foreign minister at 1:15 on the 8th without finding a negotiating partner.

At 3:30, Shouyi Terauchi, General Commander of the Japanese southern army, ordered the Japanese army to enter Thailand.

At 4 a.m., the Japanese army began to land, and the Thai army was forced to cease fire without resistance.

Then the fifth division of the Japanese army went straight to the Thai border.

At the same time, at 1:30 on the 8th, 5300 people from the detachment of the 18th division forcibly landed in Kota Baru in northern Malaysia in three waves under the escort of the main force of the first escort of the third naval mine Corps.

After landing, it was tenaciously resisted by the British garrison.

The British aircraft sank the “tanlushan” which was transporting military materials by the Japanese army, and injured the “linghushan” and “satura”.

After four hours of fierce fighting, the Japanese army penetrated 1500 meters from the coastline and controlled the British position.

In the evening, the Japanese army gathered the landing forces again, and the main force seized the airport at one fell swoop, repulsing the British counterattack.

After the landing campaign began, the Japanese third flight group, which served as air cover, began large-scale bombing of Malay Peninsula Airport and Singapore naval base, forcing the British air force to retreat to Singapore.

The 22nd air force of the Japanese army also marched in at dawn on the 8th and attacked the military facilities of the British army in Singapore.

On the afternoon of the 9th, it attacked guantan airport.

In two days, it destroyed 50 British aircraft, causing the British army to lose 13 air power.

The Japanese army took control of the air in the operation area.

In order to prevent the Japanese army from continuing to land, at 17:00 on December 9, Phillips, commander of the British Far East fleet, led a naval formation with the “Prince of Wales” and “counterattack” as the backbone, ready to go north to attack the Japanese landing transport team.

On the one hand, the Japanese army entered the state of engagement, and on the other hand, it used shipborne aircraft and submarines to maintain contact with the British Navy formation.

At 8:00 on the 10th, the British Navy formation sailed to guantan and did not find the Japanese army, so it turned to continue the search.

At 11:56, the Japanese aircraft found a British Navy formation about 40 nautical miles east of guantan.

The 22nd air force quickly dispatched 34 dive bombers and 51 torpedo bombers to attack and sink the British “counterattack” and “Prince of Wales” in one fell swoop.

In addition to 2000 people rescued by destroyers, more than 800 officers and soldiers including Phillips were all killed.

After the Japanese army seized the sea and air supremacy, the follow-up troops continued to land.

The main force crossed the KLA isthmus, entered Jida Prefecture, and pushed southward along the railways and roads on the west coast.

On the 12th, zober United broke through the main defense line in northern Malaysia – the ridra defense line.

On the 13th, they occupied YALAO, the capital of Jeddah state.

On the same day, the Japanese army captured the claw Latin Ganu airport.

The Japanese landing campaign achieved unexpected success.

On December 17, the Japanese army revised the operation plan in yarosh and decided to advance to Kuala Lumpur and kinmash along the west coast with the fifth division and near guard division, so as to facilitate the operation of the main force.

The 18th DivisionThe regiment was on standby in songka, waiting for the opportunity to land near Fengsheng port on the southeast coast of Malaysia, and quickly advanced to Juran and Xinshan, cutting off the retreat of the main force of the British army.

In this way, the main force of the British army will be separated from Singapore in the north of Xinshan state and south of Kuala Lumpur.

On December 19, the Japanese army occupied the Victoria air force base on Penang Island on the west coast of the Malay Peninsula, cutting off the air route of the British air force from India and Myanmar to Singapore and Malaysia.

So far, the Japanese army seized all airports in the northern part of the Malay Peninsula.

On January 7, 1942, the Japanese army captured the Shilin River Bridge, completely cutting off the retreat of the 11th Indian division in the northern defense area, and the division collapsed.

On January 11, Kuala Lumpur fell and the British defense line in central Malaysia was broken through.

On January 10, Fengwen Yamashita ordered the British troops fleeing to Singapore to continue to pursue them with the guard division through Malacca, Furong, tambian and kinmas roads.

After the Japanese army entered the open area of Xinshan Prefecture, the two divisions launched at the same time to occupy the Malay Peninsula before the British army was reinforced.

The Japanese detachment attacking along the east coast captured Kuantan airport on January 3.

The British Army decided that the Japanese army had landed in Xinglou and took the initiative to retreat.

The British Army originally planned to rush to build fortifications in Xinshan state to form a barrier in the north of Singapore and stand firm for help.

However, due to the rapid collapse of the British front line, they were forced to withdraw all their troops to Singapore on January 31 and blow up the Long embankment between Singapore and Malaysia.

The Japanese army seized all the territory except Singapore.

On January 31, the Japanese army issued an order to prepare to attack Singapore.

At 24:00 on February 8, the Japanese Army crossed the Johor Strait in two ways and landed in Singapore.

On the same day, the Japanese army captured Dinga airport and advanced to Tiange airport.

On the 11th, the 5th and 18th divisions attacked the British base TIMA from the East and West.

On the 12th night, the guard division occupied mount Mantai.

On the 14th, they seized the reservoir, cut off the water sources of Singapore and British military bases, and began shelling the urban area.

On the 15th, the Japanese army arrived in the suburbs of Singapore, and the British garrison was unable to fight again.

In the afternoon, lieutenant general pasivar, the commander of the British army, led the garrison to surrender.

So far, the door of the Indian Ocean has been opened to the West.

Myanmar is an important target of the Japanese army in Southeast Asia.

In order to ensure the flank of Malaysia’s operations, consolidate the occupied areas of Indochina and Thailand, cut off the Burma Road from the US and Britain to China, the Japanese army, in cooperation with the Japanese forces in China, forced to surrender, threatened India, forced India to break away from the UK, and tried to take Burma as a long-term foothold in the South Asian region and pillaging the rich strategic resources of Burma.

Then he launched the Myanmar campaign in early January 1942.