After the US military defeated the Pacific, it has been looking for an effective way to curb the Japanese offensive momentum, but it is still impossible to completely curb Japan at this time.

At this time, Japan has a huge advantage in the number and quality of warships and aircraft.

The soldiers of 11 divisions and regiments have also experienced hundreds of battles.

Coupled with their strategic and tactical skills, Japan’s offensive looks invincible and invincible.

After the Pearl Harbor incident, the US military wanted to give the Japanese some color to see.

The head of the navy was replaced, Admiral Ernest king was appointed concurrently as Admiral of the fleet and Minister of naval operations, and Chester Nimitz was sent to Pearl Harbor to command the Pacific Fleet and all naval operations in the Pacific.

Soon after Nimitz took office, he organized a fleet of only four aircraft carriers and their frigates to attack the Japanese army on the central Pacific Islands, and then implemented a shocking battle plan – bombing Tokyo.

On April 2, 1942, the newly commissioned “hornet” aircraft carrier set sail from San Francisco with 16 B-25 bombers on board.

In order not to be found by the enemy, the hornet crossed the storm zone in the North Pacific and joined lieutenant general Halsey’s enterprise at a designated place between the Aleutian Islands and midway.

It then headed for the take-off point about 600 miles west of the Kyushu coast.

The Japanese base camp knows nothing about the dispatch of these two fleets by the United States.

On April 16, the pilots gathered on the deck and held a special ceremony.

Colonel mark Mitchell awarded five medals to the first pilot on the bombing mission.

The pilot who got the medal tied them to the bomb.

After tying them, the pilots wrote in chalk: “I don’t want to burn the world, I only burn Tokyo!” “Taste the bombing, please!” On the afternoon of the second day after the ceremony, the task force was only 24 hours away from the take-off point and had not been found by the enemy.

The deck crew on the hornet made a final inspection of the B-25 bomber.

They loaded the bomb with a cargo plane.

That night, the radar found the sentry boat at the outermost layer of Japan’s maritime warning line.

The fleet changed course.

At 7 a.m. the next day, 100 miles from the take-off point, an enemy ship found the task force.

A few minutes later, the vanguard cruiser sank the small service boat with gunfire.

What if the target has been exposed? The decisive general Halsey sent a take-off signal to the hornet.

At this time, the taking-off aircraft would risk running out of fuel when returning.

Therefore, each aircraft added an additional 10 cans of 5 gallons of gasoline and the main fuel tank was full.

7:20 a.m. Doolittle’s twin engine bomber took off first and headed for Tokyo.

The other bombers also landed on the deck one by one.

When the last plane was towed to the take-off line, it was 8:20 a.m. Although the Tokyo base camp knows that the air raid is coming, judging by the location reported by the external patrol boat, the US bomber will not arrive until another day.

Nevertheless, the Japanese army ordered all planes that could be dispatched to be on alert.

Lieutenant general Kondo Shinjuku was ordered to immediately set out from Yokosuka naval base and lead the fleet to intercept the US ship.

At 9 a.m., a patrol aircraft reported that it had found a twin engine bomber flying westward about 600 miles above the mainland.

However, no one believes this report.

First, they have never seen a twin engine bomber on the US aircraft carrier.

Second, almost no one believes that US aircraft can bomb over Tokyo.

April 18 is Sunday.

The weather is sunny and warm.

The streets of Tokyo are bustling and crowded with people shopping and visiting.

Although an air defense exercise was held as usual that day, people cursed that the exercise they were used to was.

Near 10 o’clock, Doolittle flew to the coast of Japan, 80 miles north of the scheduled route.

He turned to the left.

Wildner, the pilot at the rear of the plane, began to observe whether there was a pursuit plane.

He found that people didn’t care about the plane and did their own business.

But one thing happened to happen.

At noon that day, Hideki Tojo happened to take a plane back from the Shuihu aviation school he inspected.

When he was going to land at a nearby airport after passing the US aircraft route, a twin engine plane flew from the right.

The Secretary of Tojo saw it first.

When the plane flew close, he could even see the pilot’s face.

He suddenly woke up, Shout: “American plane!” Dongtiao was shocked and broke out in a cold sweat.

At this time, Dongtiao was helpless, unable to meet the US aircraft fleet, and it was too late to organize a take-off counterattack.

A few minutes later, Doolittle reached over the target.

During the low altitude bombing, Fred brime dropped the first bomb.

Then, one by one, the planes flew over the city and dropped the bombs.

According to Doolittle’s prior order, the plane bombed most of Tokyo except hospitals, schools and imperial palaces.

The air raid destroyed 90 buildings, but caused serious damage to the city.

More importantly, no one believes that Japan will be attacked.

The Japanese themselves think they are a nation that will not be attacked for generations.

Now they are really bombed, which has caused unspeakable shock in people’s psychology.

The U.S. bombing of Tokyo humiliated the Japanese army and Navy generals.

They were angry and immediately decided to attack the U.S. military’s Pacific base again.

The Japanese military command department issued a battle order to attack Midway Island in early June to the joint fleet, and Yamamoto 56 and the whole fleet began to put into the most intense battle preparation.

In fact, half a month before the US military bombed Tokyo, the Japanese army had a plan to attack Midway Island, but there were many objections, and the main and anti war factions had to make some compromises.

Now the US military’s attack on Tokyo has dispelled the concerns of the “retainers” and made the determination to attack midway more consistent.

On May 5, 1942, the commander in chief of the Japanese military command department, senior general Nagano of the Navy, was ordered by the emperor to issue the “Order No.

18 of the headquarters Department of the navy”.

The operation plan of Midway Island was officially approved and named “operation Mi”.

The intention of this campaign is twofold: one is to occupy Midway Island with limited targets and use it as an air base to attack Hawaii.

The second is to lure and annihilate the US Pacific Fleet, so that Japan’s strategic opponent in the Pacific will completely lose its combat capability.

Based on the above campaign objectives, Yamamoto organized his huge joint fleet into six special task force formations according to operational tasks.

The first is the main force personally led by general YamamotoThe second is the “first mobile force” under the command of lieutenant general Nan Yun, the third is the “Midway Island strategic force” under the command of lieutenant general Shinzo Kondo, the fourth is the “Aleutian strategic force” under the command of lieutenant general shizahiro, and the fifth is the submarine force under the command of lieutenant general Komatsu Huijiu, The sixth is the “shore based air force” commanded by lieutenant general Jiayuan 243.

On May 20, Japan sent two seaplanes to conduct aerial reconnaissance of Pearl Harbor, and the “Mi operation” plan was put into practice.

In the days after the bombing of Tokyo, the Americans were eager to find out what the Japanese Navy’s next strategic goal was.

Among the Japanese military communication signals intercepted by the US military, the frequency and number of occurrences of an AF name increased significantly.

Roosevelt and his intelligence agents racked their brains to find a Japanese seaplane in a mountain of reconnaissance messages.

They had planned to get oil from submarines near a reef group between midway and Hawaii.

“AF” mentioned in the cable is the code name of Midway Island, which is likely to be the next attack target of the Japanese army.

Roosevelt used the telegraph to confirm whether the “Tamsui fleet” had a real failure.

“When he came to the Pacific Ocean, the” Tamsui fleet “said that the” AF code “could not be used to judge whether the” Tamsui fleet “had a real failure.”. As a result, two days later, Roosevelt’s intelligence agents finally listened to the report that the Japanese army “AF lacked fresh water”.

Then the US military successfully deciphered all the Japanese battle plans.

In view of the Japanese army’s battle plan, Admiral Nimitz quickly adjusted the defense force of Midway Island.

According to the Japanese route obtained from the intelligence, the staff calculated the best standby point of the US aircraft carrier on the chart – the sea area 200 nautical miles northeast of Midway Island.

Nimitz was convinced that this choice would bring good luck to the U.S. military to turn the war around, so he named it “lucky spot”.

On May 25, rear admiral Spruance led the 16th mixed team consisting of two aircraft carriers, six cruisers and nine destroyers, including the enterprise and the hornet, to set sail from Pearl Harbor to the standby sea area.

The next day, the 17th mixed team, dominated by the aircraft carrier York City and commanded by rear admiral Fletcher, also set sail and met at “lucky spot” on June 2, waiting for the arrival of prey.

As time approached, all officers and men of the joint fleet were preparing day and night.

But Yamamoto and his staff were a little worried, because just two days ago, the Nanyang combat forces found that there was a US special task force composed of two aircraft carriers in the southwest Pacific Ocean.

This situation shows that the US military will no longer have an aircraft carrier formation in Hawaii to support midway operations.

If so, Yamamoto’s painstaking plan to lure the enemy into a decisive battle will completely fail.

But everything was ready for the battle, and Yamamoto didn’t change his mind.

On May 26, Japan has confirmed June 7, Japanese time as the landing day of Midway Island.

On May 27, at 8:00 a.m. on the day of Japan’s naval day, the flagship aircraft carrier “Akagi” of lieutenant general Nayun of the “first mobile force” raised the signal flag of “anchoring on time”.

Then, another three aircraft carriers “Feilong”, “Jiahe” and “Canglong”, eight oil supply ships, two battleships, three cruisers and 12 destroyers went to midway like a stray arrow.

In the early morning of June 4, the US Coast based air force on Midway Island launched an attack first and attacked the first Japanese formation attacking Midway Island in four batches.

Almost at the same time, Nanyun also sent the first wave of aircraft to attack Midway Island.

The two planes fought over the Japanese formation.

Under the crazy interception of Japanese fighters and the fierce gunfire of Japanese ships, the US aircraft fell into the sea like moths, one after another, but one followed another.

After the first air raid, Nanyun made up his mind to carry out the second air raid.

At 7:15, Nanyun ordered another air raid on Midway Island.

At this time, the patrol aircraft reported: “10 warships were found, which seemed to be enemy ships.

The azimuth was 10 degrees, 40 nautical miles from Midway Island, the heading was 150 degrees, the speed was more than 20 knots, and the time was 7:28.

” Nanyun never dreamed that the enemy ship would appear so suddenly and hide near the Japanese formation.

On the occasion of this crisis, Nanyun decided to attack the US ship first before the second air attack on Midway Island.

At this decisive moment, the first wave of attack aircraft led by Youyong returned to the aircraft carrier from Midway Island.

These planes are running out of fuel and require immediate landing.

However, the deck was full of second wave aircraft ready to take off.

After waiting for the return of the last batch of fighters, these aircraft went together to carry out the combat mission of attacking the US ship.

However, the current situation makes Nanyun very difficult.

The aircraft on the take-off deck and the Mothership are in danger of losing escort.

If the attack aircraft on the deck are allowed to withdraw to the hangar, first take back the first wave of aircraft and fighters, and then attack the enemy ship after completing the battle preparation, it will delay the attack time.

At 8:55, the reconnaissance plane reported the discovery of one US aircraft carrier, seven cruisers and five destroyers, 40 nautical miles from Midway Island.

Therefore, Nan Yun withdrew all the fighters of the first wave of Midway attack team at 9:18.

In order to avoid being threatened again by the US shore based aircraft on Midway Island and obtain a favorable position, Nanyun troops drove north at a speed of 30 knots.

Soon after the Nanyun fleet turned, the guard ship reported to Nanyun: “I found the enemy aircraft approaching me.

” Nanyun immediately ordered the fighter to take off to meet the enemy.

Us planes flying in the distance glittered in the sun, but after being attacked by Japanese interceptors, they dragged heavy black smoke into the sea one after another.

At the same time, the mechanism guns of the “Chicheng” also shelled the US aircraft.

Although seven US aircraft broke through the interception of the Japanese aircraft and dropped several torpedoes on the “Feilong”, they were all twisted by the “Feilong” to avoid.

Almost all of the remaining 41 US planes fell into the sea.

In the process of confronting the US aircraft attack, the Japanese aircraft carrier continued to prepare for counterattack.

The aircraft were lifted from the hangar one by one and arranged on the flight deck.

At 10:20, Nanyun ordered to take off, the propeller of the aircraft “hummed”, and the aircraft carrier sailed against the wind.

It only took five minutes for the Japanese aircraft to take off, and the US military will be dealt a fatal blow.

At the same time, the reconnaissance aircraft sent by the US military Midway Island also specifically identified the number and location of Japanese aircraft carriers, in order to put the Japanese army within the 175 nautical mile operational radius of the aircraft carried by the US ship, Spruance judged from all aspects that the Japanese army might be refuelling the aircraft returning from the attack on Midway Island.

This was a rare opportunity, so he decisively issued the order to attack the Japanese ship.

The “enterprise” and “Bumblebee” aircraft are divided into four groups to annihilate the enemy, while the “York City” aircraft are compiled into the fifth group.

As the Japanese ship turned to sail, the bombers on the hornet and enterprise did not find the enemy ship in the scheduled sea area.

In this case, major McCluskey, the commander of the bomber group, made “the most important decision in this naval battle” – starting the square search.

A few minutes later, this search produced a miraculous effect, and the US aircraft found the Japanese aircraft carrier.

At this time, all Japanese fighters were attracted to low altitude by the aircraft of the first four aircraft groups of the US Army.

When the fifth aircraft group taking off from “York City” arrived, it launched an attack on the aircraft carriers “Akagi”, “gahe” and “Canglong” without any interception.

At this time, on the deck of the Japanese aircraft carrier, it was another scene.

The Japanese carrier aircraft attack team composed of 102 aircraft is ready and ready to go.

At 10:24, the first Zero fighter flew off the flight deck at full power.

Just then, pan Shao suddenly shouted, “dive bomber!” As soon as the voice fell, the US plane roared, black bombs poured down, and the explosion and sky high fire on the deck of the Japanese ship suddenly rose.

The huge warships of the Japanese army immediately turned into huge fire dragons, and the rough sea turned into a sea of fire.

For this blow, The former Japanese commander Yuantian wrote in his memoirs: “The first thing I heard was the heart rending scream of the dive bomber, and then the explosion of a bomb that hit the target.

The flash was dazzling, and then I heard the second explosion louder than the first.

A hot air wave hit me.

Then there was another shock, but not very violent.

Then there was a surprising silence, and the fire stopped suddenly.

I stood up and looked at the sky.

The enemy plane has disappeared.

The damage caused in a few seconds scares me.

A hole was blown in the flight deck behind the ship’s central lift.

The lift itself is twisted like a molten B ō Li, fall into the hangar.

The iron armor plate is rolled into a strange shape.

The plane on the deck cocked its tail, sprayed blue flames and vomited black smoke.

When I watched the fire spread, I couldn’t help crying.

I was afraid that the explosion caused by the fire would destroy the aircraft carrier.

” Yuantian is right.

The flight deck of “Chicheng” is already an “unbearable” Scene – the torpedo in the hangar exploded, and the violent fireball turned the hangar into a “whooping” burning blast furnace, and the fire extinguisher can’t control the fire at all.

As a precaution, Captain Aoki had to order that the ammunition depot be flooded.

The Gaga suffered the same fate.

The first bomb exploded on its starboard side.

The second and third smashed the bow lift and exploded under the bridge, setting the parked plane on fire and killing the captain and many senior officers.

The fourth bomb fell into the hangar, causing a chain explosion of bombs and torpedoes.

The speed of the aircraft carrier began to slow down.

This air raid also frightened Nan Yun.

When he heard the explosion, he saw two other aircraft carriers on fire.

A few seconds later, the dive bomber of the US “York City” quickly killed the Japanese aircraft carrier “Canglong”.

At the same time, the 18 “fearless” aircraft that took off more than an hour after the “enterprise” took off took a shortcut over the Japanese fleet and also launched an attack on the Japanese ship formation.

The rapid attack in a few minutes paralyzed the Japanese defense.

None of York City’s intrepid aircraft was damaged.

In this battle, the US Navy eliminated the power of the elite aircraft carrier assault fleet 34 of the Imperial Japanese Navy at the cost of 47 aircraft.

After the attack, the fire of the “Canglong” has become uncontrollable.

Less than 20 minutes after the attack, the aircraft carrier was first ordered to give up.

800 officers and soldiers sank to the bottom of the sea, and many were trapped alive in the computer room.

Nanyun’s flagship “Chicheng” was also scarred.

After it managed to continue sailing for 20 minutes, the power became weaker and weaker.

The damaged plane caught fire and the flames ran straight to the bridge.

At 10:47, Nan Yun listened to the advice and climbed down the rope from a window of the bridge in disregard of dignity.

The last one to climb down was Yuantian.

He found that the rope was burning and the iron ladder was hot.

He had to jump down and broke his feet.

Lying on a bamboo stretcher, he was transferred from the deck to the waiting destroyer with hundreds of injured officers and soldiers.

When Nan Yun transferred his command flag to the destroyer “Changliang” before 11 a.m., he still had a complete “Feilong” and two battleships, three cruisers and 12 destroyers for him to command.

This gave him a chance to fight back against the American task force.

On the morning of June 4, the US task force and the battle room of Pearl Harbor were immersed in the atmosphere of celebrating the victory.

Before noon, York City’s radar found that Feilong’s dive bombers were coming from the west, about 50 miles away from them.

The pilot of the “York City” fighter learned the lessons of the previous naval battle and managed to seize the altitude.

Before the enemy aircraft launched the attack, he shot down three escorted “zero” fighters and six bombers.

The Gunners on the aircraft carrier York City shot down two other “Type 99” bombers who had not yet had time to drop their bombs.

Of the six shells falling vertically, only three hit the target.

One of the planes went into a dive and blew up.

A bomb rolled on the flight deck for a while and then exploded, causing a fire.

But the fire was put out in less than an hour.

At 1:45, the engineer on the Yorktown burned the boiler again, and the gap on the flight deck was filled with wood.

Captain buckmeister can still keep his aircraft carrier moving at a speed of 20 knots.

Successive failures angered captain Yong, a veteran pilot on the flying dragon.

He insisted on fighting with the only few planes left, even though the fuel tank of his own plane was broken, flying meant he couldn’t fly back.

An hour later, YouyongLed the “97” torpedo aircraft to attack the US Army separately, and at the height of the mast top, they rushed to the “York City” from all directions.

The four heavy cruisers escorting the aircraft carrier adopted a new tactic: heavy artillery fired shells at the sea ahead and set off a water wall.

However, this method could not stop the four determined Japanese pilots.

They rushed through the water wall and dropped “spear” torpedoes less than 500 yards from the bow of the Yorktown.

When the plane passed the ship, it was very close.

The Gunners on the deck could clearly see the pilots shaking their fists and expressing their anger.

Two torpedoes hit the port side of the York City, opened two large holes in the hull near the fuel tank and rolled over the rudder.

A large amount of sea water poured into the hole, and the York City had a worrying tilt.

After a while, the rescue team reported that they could not solve the problem of the gushing water, because the temporary repair was far from blocking the water.

Buckmeister estimated that the mother ship would sink soon and ordered to abandon it shortly before 3 p.m. Later, it proved that buckmeister’s decision to give up the ship was premature.

When he made this decision, the reconnaissance team of 10 “fearless” aircraft that took off an hour ago arrived in the air of the remaining aircraft carrier of the Nanyun fleet at about 2:45 p.m. This is the flying dragon.

After the 16th task force received the news, Spruance turned the “enterprise” to the wind at 3:30 and dispatched another batch of air attack forces, a total of 24 dive bombers, including 10 “fearless” aircraft on the “York City”.

At this time, the hungry pilots on the Japanese “flying dragon” were eating sweet rice dumplings.

When the T watchman shouted “the enemy’s dive bomber is coming”, the fearless bomber came straight from the sunset before the commander sounded the alarm.

The flying dragon caught fire immediately.

A few minutes later, the attack stopped.

Except for the loss of three bombers, all the fearless bombers returned safely.

The enterprise reported their brilliant record of sinking two aircraft carriers in one day.

Japan’s “Changliang” sent the news that the last aircraft carrier of the Nanyun fleet was sunk.

The telegram said that the “flying dragon” was also attacked and caught fire.

Members of the Japanese general staff kept their mouths shut and negotiated around the chart for more than an hour to verify the deployment of the remaining naval forces.

Two aircraft carriers and a number of heavy cruisers led by rear admiral Kokoda juechi are heading south from the North Pacific after the second air raid on the Dutch port.

One light aircraft carrier, two battleships and four heavy cruisers led by lieutenant general Kondo are sailing from the west to Midway Island.

Four heavy cruisers and three seaplane supply ships led by lieutenant general Kuroda sailed to the island at full speed from the northwest.

After the break, the main force – the giant battleship “Yamato”, two smaller battleships and a light aircraft carrier.

If these terrible forces can join the remaining two battleships and three cruisers in Nanyun, there will still be hope to win a “decisive battle at sea”.

In order to assemble the scattered fleet, commander-in-chief Yamamoto sent an optimistic signal that night: “the enemy fleet has almost been destroyed and is retreating eastward.

” Yamamoto ordered the planned occupation of midway the next day.

Nanyun received the order issued by Yamamoto at 7 p.m.: all troops “immediately contact the enemy and annihilate them”.

Nanyun’s fleet was ordered to immediately change its course and “participate in night combat”.

Spruance, commander of the US midway fleet, was well aware of Yamamoto’s plan.

He knew that the attacked troops chasing Nan Yun at night might ruin the victory he and Fletcher won during the day.

So when his last bombers returned to the aircraft carrier, he ordered the task force to withdraw eastward and return to the threatened Midway Island at dawn.

Yamamoto waited anxiously for news of contact with the enemy until midnight.

His staff is now worried that they will be slaughtered if they are too close to the shore based aircraft on Midway or the carrier aircraft of the returning U.S. aircraft carrier at dawn.

Some people in the staff suggested bombing and occupying Midway Island in order to save face, but Yamamoto gave up the plan.

Yamamoto thought that the plan was too reckless, but he also knew that it was more difficult to win the war with the United States at sea.

On the night of June 4, Nimitz in Pearl Harbor was very worried.

He learned that his task force attacked and set fire to four Japanese aircraft carriers, indicating that their victory was in sight.

It was very dangerous to fight at night.

The shrewd Spruance did the right thing and didn’t let the fleet take the risk.

So the White House Building and the Navy Department were carefully guarded.

On the morning of June 5, the Washington Department of the Navy released a news to reporters: a large-scale naval battle is going on in the Pacific, and the situation seems to be favorable to the United States.

Meanwhile, like the Pacific Fleet Command, Spruance, who was far away in the Pacific Ocean, fully expected that the battle would resume the next morning.

At dawn, the plane took off from the atoll lake on Midway Island to spy on the enemy fleet.

It was a long morning for pilots on American aircraft carriers, and it was the calm they expected before the battle.

Judging from the morning reconnaissance results that all the enemy’s large fleets were retreating westward, Spruance ordered a group of bombers to attack the two cruisers.

But the American plane didn’t find them.

The main activity of the U.S. Navy on this quiet day is to rescue the York City.

While rescuing the York City, Spruance planned to use the excellent flight weather to track the enemy again, but there were signs that the Japanese had abandoned their attempt to invade midway and were retreating in an all-round way.

Of course, Yamamoto has not completely given up hope.

He believes that if the U.S. fleet rushes westward to a far distance, so that the Japanese fleet can launch a joint attack with the bomber group dispatched from Wake Island, he can still win.

However, Spruance guessed his intention again and made no major move except that a team of dive bombers sent that morning to search the West and blow up two injured cruisers the day before.

The Japanese army retreated westward also landed on ATU Island, the westernmost island of the Aleutian Islands, without resistance, and captured a small group of Eskimos in Aleutian and 10 staff of the weather station.

At the same time, the Japanese army occupied an uninhabited island and attacked itThe country boasted that the sun flag was flying on the American mainland.

Although the islands occupied by the Japanese are only the nominal American coast, they still make the United States uneasy.

So, on the day after the Japanese landed, the US military ordered the 16th task force to go north, sent out a group of bombers to attack the occupied islands and pulled out this embarrassing new Japanese outpost.

In this way, Yamamoto lost his last chance to remedy this failure.

The naval battle near midway marked the beginning of the end of the Japanese Empire.

This battle not only broke the record that the Imperial Navy has never failed, but also lost the lives of four aircraft carriers, one heavy cruiser, 2200 sailors, 234 aircraft and the best naval pilots.

“Yamamoto will not take full responsibility for the failure of the fleet,” he said Then he walked into his cabin, suffered from stomach pain, and refused to meet his subordinates for three days in a row.

On the “Changliang”, Nan Yun severely blamed himself for the disastrous defeat, but was persuaded by his subordinates not to commit suicide.

On June 10, the Naval Staff Headquarters in Tokyo tried to cover up the seriousness of their failure.

They were afraid of public criticism and humiliation.

After the radio station played the loud music of “Navy March”, the broadcaster read out a communique: Japan has “become the most powerful country in the Pacific Ocean” and “a battle determines” the victory or defeat of the war.

In this battle, an aircraft carrier of the Imperial Navy was sunk, while the US Navy lost two aircraft carriers and 120 aircraft.

Four days later, when the joint fleet returned to the anchorage of Zhudao, Tokyo held a lantern parade to celebrate this new “victory”.

The joint fleet returned undeclared.

It did not explain why there were four aircraft carriers missing, because they had been at sea since the beginning of the war.

This time, they did not come back and no one thought about it.

The survivors of Akagi, Kaga, Canglong and Feilong were hurriedly sent to outposts in Japan and the Pacific without taking leave.

The wounded went ashore at night and were sent to a hospital ward isolated from the outside world.

They were not allowed to meet their close relatives.

Analysts commented that the victory of the US aircraft carrier in midway was due to the tenacity and strict secrecy of the US Navy intelligence agencies, the courage of each pilot, the calm tactical judgment of Fletcher and Spruance and Nimitz’s bold strategic plan.

Second, the Japanese deadly “victory” disease has also helped.

Commenting on the significance of the US victory, Admiral Kim wrote: “the midway battle is the first decisive defeat of the Japanese Navy in 350 years.

It ended Japan’s long-term offensive and restored the balance of power of the Pacific Navy.