British historian mark Felton found that the crimes committed by the Japanese Navy in the Second World War were more serious and cruel than those committed by the Nazi German Navy. Some Japanese sailors who had committed atrocities were not punished after the war and are still alive.

Felton pointed out that under the order of Japanese naval officers, more than 20000 allied sailors and countless civilians were deliberately tortured and killed in World War II. This brutal crime of the Japanese army is a serious provocation to the Geneva Convention. Felton said: “many Japanese soldiers who committed such terrible crimes are still alive today, and these people have not been disturbed in their lives for more than 60 years. In the records of German Nazi Navy documents, there is only one case of German U-shaped submarine slaughtering allied survivors at sea. For the Japanese Navy, slaughtering survivors at sea is an official order.”

even innocent civilians on shore are not spared. After landing, some Japanese navies often surround civilians and carry out rape and collective slaughter. Felton cited the creepy atrocities of the Japanese Navy: throwing some of them into the sea to feed sharks; Smash the rest with a hammer, stab them with a bayonet, behead them, hang them, drown them or burn them alive. What is even more appalling is that some Japanese naval doctors even experimented with living people, and many allied prisoners of war were subjected to autopsy by Japanese naval doctors.

some archives show that at least 12500 British sailors and 7500 Australians were killed by the Japanese Navy in World War II. The massacre of the British merchant ship Behar is a typical example. The ship was sunk by the Japanese heavy cruiser “Ligen” on March 9, 1944. The captain of “Ligen” ordered that the captured British crew be detained under the deck. After 10 days of sailing, 85 of the British crew were tied up and brought to the stern of the Ligen. The Japanese soldiers began to kick the sailors’ stomachs and testicles, beheaded them one by one with military knives, and finally threw their bodies out of the ship. Most of the Japanese naval officers who ordered the execution of these British sailors escaped trial after the war.

Felton tells a terrible story – the terrible experience of the Englishman James Blears. Bliers was a radio operator on the merchant ship tegizarak. On March 26, 1944, the merchant ship “tegisalak” carrying 103 passengers and crew sank after being attacked by the torpedo of the Japanese submarine “I-8” on the way from Melbourne, Australia to Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). All the survivors of “tegizarak” floating on the sea, including briers, were pulled onto the front deck of “I-8” submarine by Japanese submarine soldiers.

according to briers, when the survivors were concentrated on the deck, the captain of submarine “I-8” standing on the submarine command tower issued a strange order to them: “don’t look back, because it’s bad for you.” Then the submarine soldiers standing behind the survivors began to slaughter. One by one, the survivors were beheaded, shot, and even thrown alive at the rotating submarine propeller. One man’s head was cut in half, and then the Japanese let him fall on the deck and struggle in pain. Others were cut in half and thrown into the sea. The Japanese soldiers laughed when they killed people, and one of them even used a small camera to shoot the massacre. Seeing that it was his turn to be killed, briers suddenly broke free of the rope binding his hands and jumped into the sea. The Japanese immediately fired at him with a machine gun. Briers dived into the sea immediately, which saved him a life. Hours later, exhausted from swimming, bliers climbed into a lifeboat left by the tegisalac. Soon, an Indian crew member who escaped from the Japanese submarine climbed up on the boat. The crew member told bliers that the 22 survivors left on the “I-8” submarine were tied together by the Japanese with a rope and tied to the tail of the submarine. Then the Japanese submarine began to dive, and these people were dragged into the sea and drowned.

the mastermind of the massacre, the captain of submarine “I-8”, Shinji Ono, was regarded as a “hero” by the Japanese at that time. At the end of World War II, he had become a senior official of a large military base, and he had never been tried after the war. The massacre of such submarines is directly related to the high level of the Japanese Navy. Felton pointed out that on March 20, 1943, the top level of the Japanese Navy issued an order to encourage the navy to massacre. The original text of the order was: “constantly sink enemy ships and merchant ships, and eliminate all enemy crew members at the same time.”

within months after this order was issued, the Japanese submarine “I-37” sank four British merchant ships and one warship. After each success, the submarine “I-37” would shoot all the survivors floating at sea with machine guns. After the war, the captain of submarine I-37 was sentenced to eight years’ imprisonment by the war crimes court, but he was finally released after only three years, because the Japanese government classified the captain’s order to shoot the Allied crew as a “lawful act in the war”. The Japanese Navy will even sink medical ships with the Red Cross and kill survivors floating on the sea or sitting in lifeboats. Some allied crew members who parachuted and landed on the sea will also be tortured to death after being pulled onto the deck of the warship by the Japanese Navy.

Felton’s investigation materials recorded the massacre of the Japanese Navy at laha airport on Java island. The case occurred on February 24 and 25, 1942. After the Japanese army captured Lahore Airport, rear admiral Ichiro yamahiro ordered the killing of 312 Australian and Dutch prisoners of war. Since there were no survivors of the massacre, the massacre came to light after the Australian Army interrogated two Japanese sailors.

one of the Japanese sailors described how the first prisoner of war was killed: an Australian was taken to the edge of a low-lying land, and then he was forced to kneel to the ground, one named SasakiThe warrant officer of the Japanese army beheaded him with a samurai sword. His killing behavior even won a burst of cheers from the Japanese army. Sasaki then killed four more prisoners of war. After him, a large number of Japanese sailors began to slaughter the rest of the prisoners one by one.

during the massacre, these Japanese sailors also laughed and amused each other. Due to the clumsy movements of the Japanese sailors, some victims were still alive when they were pushed into the low-lying areas. They groaned in pain and their bodies twitched in the low-lying areas. Hiroichiro Yama, who ordered the massacre, was later charged by Australia, but he died before he was tried. Four other Japanese officers were hanged for the massacre. The lack of witnesses made it difficult for the allies to continue to sue the rest of the Japanese sailors. (compiled by Nigel Brendel and Lee Youguan)