While the U.S. military won the naval battle in Mariana, a series of major events occurred on the two major battlefields in Europe and Asia: after the Tehran meeting, it was selected as the supreme commander of the Allied forces.

On June 6, the Allied forces landed in Normandy and successfully opened up the second battlefield.

On June 27, the Allied forces conquered Fort Cherbourg, and the Allied landing forces had nearly 1 million people.

The German army fell into the difficult situation of retreating inland one by one.

On the Chinese battlefield, the huge Japanese army was stuck in a quagmire and could not extricate itself.

On the Soviet German battlefield, the Soviet army launched 10 major strategic campaigns in 1944.

On June 23, the large-scale battle of Belarus broke out again.

In New Guinea, our troops fought fiercely for more than a month.

By July 1, they had basically occupied BIA Island, and then continued to move north, pointing at the Philippines.

On July 18, the Tojo cabinet collapsed amid difficulties at home and abroad.

As prime minister, Prime Minister and chief of staff, Hideki Tojo withdrew from the military and political stage, causing a sensation all over the world.

Four days later, koji Guozhao’s cabinet officially took office.

The so-called powerful Japanese Empire is now at its end and dying.

The blood red sun, which claims to represent Wu Yun, is shaking and sinking.

Against this background, in order to form a continuous offensive with the allies and quickly end the three-year-old war, the U.S. military is determined to remove the remaining obstacles in the Pacific and enter the Tokyo Bay.

However, the senior military leaders of the United States are divided on which route to go straight to Japan from the sea.

Admiral Kim, Secretary of naval operations of the United States, and general Nimitz believed that the US military could bypass the Philippine Islands, pass through, Ryukyu Islands and Okinawa, and go straight to Japan’s mainland.

General MacArthur insisted on taking the Philippines first out of a political consideration in order to fulfill his promise of “I’ll come back” in 1942.

The two sides held their own views on this issue, refused to give way to each other, and nearly fought among themselves, which alerted us president Roosevelt in the White House.

In July 1944, Roosevelt arrived at Pearl Harbor ill and met with two senior generals MacArthur and Nimitz.

During the meeting, the president thought MacArthur’s point was very convincing.

However, no final decision was made at the second Quebec meeting of Roosevelt and the joint staff until September 11, 1944.

Just then, Admiral Halsey provided the answer to the problem.

At the time of the Quebec convention, his flagship, New Jersey, joined the fast carrier fleet, which was called the 38th special task force.

The next day he ordered an air raid on the central Philippines.

The results of the air raid were surprising.

At the cost of eight aircraft, the pilots of the 38th special task force destroyed about 200 enemy aircraft and sank more than 10 cargo ships.

Halsey said that the middle of the Philippine Islands is a “weak defensive empty shell”.

He suggested that the proposed amphibious forces be immediately transferred to MacArthur’s command.

MacArthur and Nimitz agreed.

The Joint Chiefs of staff ordered the implementation of the plan to conquer Wright island on October 20 – two months ahead of schedule.

This prompted Roosevelt to agree with MacArthur.

MacArthur said happily to his adjutant, “my opinion has been adopted.

” MacArthur is a complete military power maniac, but from this point of view, he is an insightful military strategist.

Because only he can see the importance of the Philippines.

The place 2000 kilometers away from the northeast of the Philippine Islands is the Japanese mainland that launched the Pacific War.

From its due north to its southwest, China, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and the Netherlands East Indies are in turn.

The Philippines is in the East Center of this “arc front”.

Occupying this place can be used as a springboard to combine the maritime offensive with the counter offensive of the Asian continent, and cut off the maritime transportation line between Japan and Southeast Asia.

MacArthur’s move hit the key of the Japanese.

According to the meeting decision of Roosevelt, MacArthur and Nimitz, the 3rd and 7th amphibious forces were formed to jointly undertake this task.

They were incorporated into admiral Kincaid’s 7th Fleet, forming the world’s largest fleet of more than 700 ships.

From October 10 to 15, the leading forces of this huge fleet set sail from the ports of manus, Dutch dia and New Guinea respectively and advanced towards Leyte island.

The aircraft on standby at all allied airports in the theater, including the 20th bombing brigade based in Western China and the carrier based aircraft in halsi, constantly bombed ships, docks and airports in Okinawa, Taiwan and Luzon, cut off reinforcements from the north and left Leyte island isolated and helpless.

On October 17, US commandos began landing on the island outside the entrance of Wright Bay.

On the 18th, the artillery support ship of the 7th Fleet entered Wright Bay and began to bombard the enemy’s coastal Fortifications on Wright island for two days.

In the early morning of the 20th, the 3rd and 7th amphibious forces successively entered Wright Bay and began to send troops ashore after receiving artillery support.

The weather was sunny and the water waves were calm.

Only the sound of mortars came from the shore.

The battle was very smooth.

In the afternoon, General MacArthur, who had been observing the battle on the “Nashville” light cruiser, boarded a landing boat with Philippine President osmenia and other officials and headed for the shore.

The boat ran aground 50 meters from the shore.

The helmsman then lowered the ladder.

MacArthur stepped into knee deep water and strode forward.

He finally came back.

President Wright accompanied him on the Philippine island.

The promise he made when he retreated in 1942 was finally fulfilled.

On his way home from Moscow, Churchill sent a telegram to MacArthur: “heartfelt congratulations on your excellent attack in the Philippines and wish all success!” After being informed of this situation, Toyota Deputy Wu of the Japanese army issued a battle order to his fleet to immediately implement the “Czech 1 battle plan”, in an attempt to destroy Halsey’s naval force and drive MacArthur out of the beach of the Philippines.

But it’s not easy to do this! MacArthur has nearly 300000 naval and air forces.

There are 320 naval combat ships participating in the battle of Wright Bay alone.

If you add auxiliary ships, it will reach more than 700, with a total of more than 2000 aircraft.

Toyota vice military adopted the strategy of luring Halsey to fight and attacking MacArthur landing forces in Wright Bay.

According to Toyota’s order, the surface fleet was divided into two units under the command of admiral Kennan Kuroda.

Kuroda himself led five battleships, including the YamatoAnd Musashi, two super battleships, 12 cruisers and 15 destroyers, sailed to Wright bay through the South China Sea, Sibuyan sea and San Bernardino Strait.

His deputy commander in chief, lieutenant general Xiangji Nishimura, led two battleships, one cruiser and four destroyers to the suligo Strait through the Sulu Sea.

The two are scheduled to cross Wright Bay from the north and South at the same time in the morning of October 25 and attack the American amphibious fleet.

In order to make the forceps more balanced, Toyota ordered lieutenant general Zhimo, who is still in the Ryukyu Islands, to lead his 33 cruisers and 4 destroyers to sail south and meet with Xicun.

The mobile fleet also ordered Ozawa to lead an aircraft carrier formation southward from the Seto Inland Sea to lure halsi in an attempt to divert him from Leyte island.

The US military soon found out the Japanese battle formation and attempt.

They called Ozawa’s bait fleet the north route fleet, Kuroda’s fleet the middle route fleet, and Nishimura and Zhimo’s fleet the south route fleet.

At this time, they first learned that Kuroda’s middle fleet was approaching.

So I made full preparations.

In the early morning of October 23, the US submarine “flying fish” found Kuroda’s fleet west of Palawan Island.

So the “flying fish” sent out an alarm by radio, then attacked the enemy ship with torpedoes, sank two heavy cruisers and five flagship ships, and hit another warship, forcing it to return to Brunei.

As Kuroda suspected that he would enter the hornet’s nest, he transferred his headquarters to the Yamato.

As soon as Halsey received the warning of the flying fish, he ordered three special task forces commanded by Bogen, Davidson and Sherman to approach the Philippines.

Just after 8:00 on the 24th, the reconnaissance aircraft of the 38th special task force reported that the Japanese middle route fleet had entered the Sibuyan sea.

Halsey immediately ordered McCarthy, who was advancing towards Ulysses, to turn his course and prepare for battle.

As Kuroda’s middle route fleet tenaciously crossed the Sibuyan sea to the San Bernardino Strait, three U.S. military brigades launched air strikes on them five times in a row.

Four battleships in Kuroda were destroyed, and one heavy cruiser was injured and lost combat effectiveness.

The giant ship Musashi was also hit by torpedoes and bombs.

In the afternoon, it was far behind.

In this way, the last bombing of the U.S. military was concentrated on the Musashi, which sank to the seabed with more than 1000 officers and soldiers.

Kuroda complained about the lack of air support and had to temporarily turn around and retreat to a place outside halsi’s flight range.

At this time, Ozawa’s North fleet had reached a place not far from Cape sagano.

They sent 76 planes to attack Sherman formation.

But these planes missed the target and suffered heavy losses.

The surviving aircraft had to fly to the air force base on Luzon island because they had not received strict training.

While carrying out these battles, Sherman brigade has been busy launching air strikes and avoiding enemy air strikes, as well as rescuing the “Princeton”, and has no time to send reconnaissance planes north.

At dusk, Sherman sent a reconnaissance plane north.

Reconnaissance found that Japan’s aircraft carrier fleet was only 190 nautical miles away.

Sherman had no choice but to torpedo the abandoned Princeton and inform Halsey of the situation.

Halsey was excited.

He was sure that in such a large-scale battle, the Japanese army would use aircraft carriers.

Now he knows where these aircraft carriers are.

He strode into the flagship chart room, pointed to the position of the north route fleet 300 nautical miles away marked on the chart, and said to his chief of staff, “this is where we are going.

Attack them in the north.

” At 23:00 on October 24, Sherman brigade met with Bogen and Davidson’s special task force.

An hour later, the Japanese middle route fleet with bullet marks on the hull but intact artillery and fire control devices appeared in the San Bernardino Strait behind Halsey.

When the reconnaissance plane found that the south route fleet on the Sulu Sea was moving eastward in the early morning of October 24, lieutenant general Kincaid estimated that they were going to attack the amphibious ships in Wright Bay.

Since Halsey would block the San Bernardino Strait, he ordered major general Jesse aldendorf, who commanded the naval gun support, to block the suligo strait with all his strength, and aldendorf followed the order.

Towards evening, lieutenant general Kuroda sent a telegram to lieutenant general Nishimura, saying that he was delayed due to air strikes and could not reach Wright Bay on time.

West Village immediately accelerated forward.

Obviously, he wanted to enter Wright Bay under the cover of night.

In this way, lieutenant general Zhimo’s fleet of the South Road fleet could not catch up with him and meet him.

It turned out that this spared the Zhimo fleet.

One hour before midnight, four destroyers, two battleships and one cruiser of the West Village fleet entered the suligo Strait in a column and broke into Oldendorf’s ambush circle – Oldendorf’s destroyers fired torpedoes from the left and right sides, and battleships and cruisers fired shells from the front.

Under the attack from these three sides, two seriously injured destroyers in Xicun were waiting for the opportunity to stagger away.

Seeing the destruction of the Xicun fleet, lieutenant general Zhimo carefully turned around and led three cruisers and four destroyers out of the Strait at full speed.

Four battleships, eight cruisers and two destroyer squadrons of the Kuroda middle road fleet are arranging the night search formation into an anti air raid ring formation.

At dawn, they met a special task force of the 7th Fleet, code named “TAFI 1”.

It consists of six small escort aircraft carriers with a speed of 18 knots, three cruisers and four destroyers.

The commander is rear admiral Sprague.

At that time, the other two “tafi-2” and “tafi-1” with the same establishment carried out anti submarine and anti air raid patrols in the eastern sea and the southern sea area 130 nautical miles away, blocking the way to Wright Bay.

At this time, Kuroda made a fatal mistake.

He ordered the “general attack” while the fleet was still unfolding, causing its fleet to fall into chaos.

Sprague was as frightened as Kuroda.

At first he was still confused, and then he was shocked.

He set off a smoke curtain and fled East in the wind in order to dispatch the plane.

Kurita first accelerated eastward to take advantage of the weather and prevent Sprague from flying.

Sprague first turned south, then southwest and sailed in the direction of Wright Bay, hoping that Oldendorf’s ship could come from that direction to rescue him and attack the middle fleet.

Kurita chased Sprague and began shelling his aircraft carrier group.

An aircraft carrier was difficult to repair due to multiple damages and sank at 0907 hours.

At this time, the US aircraft carried out continuous bombing of the Japanese middle route fleet, sank three heavy cruisers, andTwo of them had previously been torpedoed by the Sprague frigate.

Under this continuous attack, the situation of the rest of the Japanese fleet is getting worse and worse.

Left behind by the Sprague aircraft carrier fleet, Kuroda determined that the prey had escaped, so he sailed north and radioed his lost ships back around the Yamato.

The “tafi-3” special task force headed for Wright Bay, which was only 25 nautical miles away.

However, its bad luck is not over.

Close to 1100 hours, five Japanese planes rushed towards Sprague’s traumatized aircraft carrier fleet.

The plane of a suicide pilot scraped past the ship, and the explosion caused by the bomb it carried caused great damage.

Two other kamikaze attack planes collided with the Kalinin Bay, which had been hit by 14 shells, causing it to ignite a fire.

Another plane plunged into the flight deck of the aircraft carrier “San Luo”, causing it to ignite a fire, and detonated bombs and torpedoes in the hangar and on the deck.

Then a series of explosions almost blew the “San Luo” into two sections.

It sank into the sea towards noon.

The Japanese destroyer is running out of fuel.

After three days of attacks from the sea, sea and air, Kuroda and his officers and soldiers are exhausted.

Leaving the battlefield is his only choice.

At dusk, the middle fleet sailed to the San Bernardino Strait.

The night before yesterday, when the 38th special task force went north according to Halsey’s order, the night reconnaissance aircraft of the fleet monitoring the middle route fleet in the Yanhai of Xishi were recalled and sent to the north to search the north route fleet.

When Sherman’s battalion met Bogen and Davidson’s battalion at midnight, Halsey handed over tactical command to Mitchell.

At about 2 a.m., the reconnaissance plane found the north route fleet.

On October 25, the 38th special task force made six attacks on Ozawa’s north route fleet.

This is a battle with an extremely wide balance of power.

Ozawa’s four dilapidated aircraft carriers have only four carrier based aircraft, and all pilots have not been trained and air combat.

His rival Mitchell has 10 aircraft carriers, 787 aircraft and well-trained pilots.

In the two attacks launched in the early morning, the US military sank the “Millennium” light aircraft carrier and five destroyers, injured the “Chiyoda” light aircraft carrier, caused it to catch fire, tilt and cannot move in the water.

They also bombed the “Ruifeng” light aircraft carrier and a cruiser, torpedoed Ozawa’s flagship “Ruihe”, blew up the steering gear and radio transmitter on the ship, damaged the steering gear, lost control and fell behind, and Ozawa was forced to transfer to a cruiser.

Ozawa, who lost all the decoy aircraft carriers, returned to Japan with 10 of the remaining 13 surface ships.

His bait mission was completed, but it didn’t work.

Just after midnight, Halsey arrived not far from the San Bernardino Strait.

He found that Kuroda’s middle fleet had withdrawn through the Strait and returned to the Sibuyan sea.

The fast battleship of the Third Fleet drove 300 nautical miles north between the two main enemy fleets, and then turned back and drove 300 nautical miles south, but did not encounter any enemy fleet.

So far, the battle of Wright Bay was over.

At this time, the report of the Japanese army’s disastrous defeat on Wright island also spread to Fengwen Yamashita.

In early December, Halsey promised MacArthur that the US Army would land on Luzon island before the end of the year, and made a military order for it.

Before the war, halsi dispatched a large number of aircraft to bomb the airport on Luzon Island, destroying almost all the air power of the Japanese army on the ground at one stroke.

However, when Halsey was progressing smoothly, a strong typhoon suddenly appeared in the Gulf of the Philippines.

During the attack of the strong typhoon, three destroyers without sea ballast capsized and sank, seven warships were seriously damaged, more than 180 aircraft were thrown into the sea by the typhoon, and more than 1000 officers and soldiers were buried at the bottom of the sea.

The typhoon brought a fatal blow to halsi and deprived him of the opportunity to attack Luzon.

I was very happy to learn that Fengwen came down the mountain.

However, the US military did not lose the ability to attack Luzon Island.

Only the troops attacking Luzon were changed into the main forces under the command of general Kruger, namely the 1st and 14th armies of the 6th group.

The force has a total of about 280000 people and more than 1000 ships of all kinds.

The troops are constantly gathering here, and a great war is about to begin.

On December 15, the battle of attacking Luzon Island kicked off in Mindoro island.

The U.S. military wants to make it a base for attacking Luzon Island together with Wright island.

The attacking troops successfully occupied all the targets without any resistance, while the 500 defenders on the island fled and hid in the mountains.

After several days of preparation, the day that MacArthur thought day and night finally came.

On January 9, 1945, the southwest Pacific Fleet attacked Luzon Island in lingayan Bay, where the Japanese landed three years ago.

These expeditionary forces are basically the original troops attacking Leyte Island: the 6th group army, the 7th Fleet, and the 3rd amphibious combat force.

At the beginning of the campaign, the offensive troops first encountered the heavy damage of Japanese suicide planes.

They injured 43 allied warships, of which 18 seriously failed to operate and 5 sank.

One cruiser was shelled by five planes.

The kamikaze attack team killed 738 League officers and soldiers and injured nearly 1400 people.

In the later ground battles, the Japanese army still had a strong spirit of loyalty to the emperor.

With the advance of the US Army, the Japanese snipers became more and more fierce.

They fought tenaciously with caves, caves and buried tanks.

“No one surrendered,” MacArthur later wrote.

“Every Japanese soldier fought to death.”. Under such circumstances, after more than 20 days of fierce fighting, the US military advanced to kalumbit, which is more than 20 kilometers away from the suburb of Manila.

In order to win Manila as soon as possible, the US military transferred the most elite troops – the 1st and 5th divisions.

On February 1, under the personal command of MacArthur, the US army launched a fierce attack on Manila, while the Japanese army carried out tenacious resistance with solid fortifications.

Rows of US troops fell down, and rows of US troops rushed up.

They were like tigers down the mountain, jumping over the bodies of fallen comrades in arms in a pool of blood and moving on.

At this time, Fengwen at the foot of the mountain was like a mad dog with red eyes, shouting madly: “it is better to destroy this beautiful city like pearl and olive in the East in the gunfire and fight until the last soldier.